The Bank is a Ukrainian universal commercial bank headquartered in Kyiv. The Bank offers a full range of banking services to corporate, retail and SME customers. The Bank is also active in the money markets, as well as in the capital markets.
The Bank’s immediate parent is ABH Ukraine Limited with Alfa-Bank Russia as its second shareholder. The Bank is a part of the Alfa Group Consortium, which is one of Russia’s largest privately owned financial-industrial conglomerates.
According to official NBU statistics, as at 1 July 2011 the Bank was the ninth largest bank in Ukraine in terms of total assets, the ninth largest in terms of loans to customers, the ninth largest in terms of loans to individuals, the seventh largest in terms of loans to legal entities and the seventh largest in terms of customer accounts of legal entities, all as calculated under Ukrainian Accounting Standards and based on statutory reporting requirements. The Bank’s distribution channels cover all of the economically significant regions of Ukraine and comprise branches, ATMs, payment terminals. The Bank also maintains a customer call centre and internet banking service, which provides online term deposit and payment services as well as retail banking loan services.
The Bank believes that it benefits from the following strengths:
- Part of the Alfa Group Consortium;
- Highly Qualified Management Team and Supervisory Board;
- Effective Corporate Governance;
- Stable Funding Base;
- Broad Distribution Channels;
- Extensive Corporate Banking Expertise;
- Flexible Service Model; and
- Focus on Customer Service.
The Bank’s strategy is to:
- continue to develop a full-service banking model, offering a full range of banking services to corporate and retail customers, including SME;
- maintain the Bank’s position as one of the ten leading lending banks in Ukraine by further growing and diversifying its lending portfolio in both the corporate and retail banking sectors;
- ensure operating efficiency; and
- be a modern, technology-orientated banking organisation.
The Bank’s key positions in the Ukrainian banking sector were recognized by numerous ratings and surveys.
The Bank has been assigned ratings by two international rating agencies: Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings CIS Limited.
Alfa Bank IFRS figures have been audited by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Official web-page of PJSC «ALFA-BANK» (Ukraine) — www.alfabank.com.ua/eng.