The bank is a Ukrainian universal commercial bank headquartered in Kyiv. The bank offers a full range of banking services to corporate and retail customers. The bank is also active in both the money and capital markets.
The bank’s immediate parent is ABH Ukraine Limited. The bank is a part of the Alfa Group Consortium, which is one of the largest privately owned investment groups, with interests in commercial and investment banking, asset management, insurance, retail trade, water utilities, as well as special-situation investments.
According to official National Bank of Ukraine statistics, as of 1 July 2014 the Alfa-Bank Ukraine was the eleventh largest bank in Ukraine in terms of total assets, the eighth largest in terms of loans to individuals, the eleventh largest in terms of loans to legal entities, and the eleventh largest in terms of customer accounts of individuals, all as calculated under Ukrainian Accounting Standards and based on statutory reporting requirements. The bank’s distribution channels cover all of the economically significant regions of Ukraine and are comprised of branches, ATMs, and payment terminals. The bank also maintains a customer call centre and internet banking services, which provide online term deposit and payment services as well as retail banking loan services.
Alfa-Bank Ukraine believes that it benefits from the following strengths:
- Part of the Alfa Group Consortium;
- Highly qualified Management Team and Supervisory Board;
- Effective corporate governance;
- Stable funding base;
- Broad distribution channels;
- Extensive corporate banking expertise;
- Flexible service model;
- Focus on customer service.
Alfa-Bank’s strategy is to:
- Continue to develop a full-service banking model, offering a full range of banking services to corporate and retail customers;
- Grow at the market level, retain market share and focus on profitability;
- Maintain focus on growing retail lending;
- Ensure operating efficiency;
- Be a modern, technology-orientated banking organization.
Alfa-Bank’s key positions in the Ukrainian banking sector are recognized by numerous ratings and surveys. The bank has been assigned ratings by two international rating agencies: Standard & Poor’s, Fitch and local rating agency, Expert-Rating.
Official web-page of Alfa-Bank Ukraine — www.alfabank.ua/en.